How To Become Certified Pardot Specialist and Pass the Exam?
To be honest with you, this was probably the hardest exam I have ever done.
Possible reason why?
- I was involved in my first Pardot implementation project December 2016
- And my second Pardot project that I was doing on my own I started January 2017
- Before and during I was reading a lot of theoretical material about Pardot
So even though I was familiar with all the terminology, I have red the theory and had hands on experience, it was still not enough to feel very confident during the exam.
Why do I think so?
- 59 of 60 questions I had in my exam I have never seen before (makes sense right?, but I am sure if you have passed exams like 201, 401, sales cloud… you would know that there are ways on getting a hold off real or similar exam questions. And I think it all comes down to how long this exam exist. In the case of Pardot, it's very fresh.)
- It takes time for your brain to really remember what is what and know things by heart
- You need to probably implement 10+ projects to feel mega confident with the system
These are the steps I took to pass the exam:
- Read twice and epitomised the following documentation
- When through and epitomised questions & answers from this Pardot quiz
- Went through all modules provided by Pardot
These are the following topics that were coming up during the whole exam (HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO KNOW THESE!!!!)
- Automation tools (without understanding these, please don’t take the exam)
- Forms, Form Handlers and Landing pages
- Lead Scoring & Grading (testing, activation, and verification))
- Tracking visitor data and activity
- Pardot Lists
- User Roles and Permissions
- Pardot Reporting (especially for Campaigns)
- Syncing and mapping between CRM and Pardot
- 6 Things You Should Know Before Syncing Salesforce to Pardot
- Pardot Engagement Studio
When I think is a great timing to start looking into passing the exam?
- Implement 4+ Pardot projects for your customers (very important)
- After reading following documentation
- Answering to the following Pardot quiz with 90%-100% success rate
- Going through the following modules
I hope this information was helpful, if anything --> please let me know and I will try to do my best to help. :)