Everything you need to know to PASS Marketing Cloud Social Studio Specialist exam
I would love to start this post with saying that this was probably the first exam from other 7 I have taken that seemed to have the most straight forward and easy to understand questions. :)
The required knowledge to pass Social Studio specialist exa are divided in 8 categories:
- Administration 18%
- Explain how to create users at the Tenant level.
- Explain how to integrate social accounts.
- Define user roles and establish assignment based on organizational position.
- Describe how to create workspaces by adding users (assign permissions), social accounts, and topic profiles.
- Explain general organizational settings.
- Explain how to associate a Social Studio account within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Social Media Best Practices 3%
- Describe the organization’s governance model in support of Social Media.
- Distinguish appropriate content for target audience.
- Publish 25%
- Describe the collaboration aspect of the calendar.
- Explain how to create a post in and describe the nuances of each social channel.
- Explain how to create Publish Macros.
- Determine deployment parameters for an immediate or scheduled post(s) within Publish. - Describe how to manage posts within the Post Details Panel.
- Describe how shared content works.
- Explain how to create Approval Rules.
- Social Studio Overview 7%
- Describe how Social Studio benefits social media objectives.
- Explain how each Social Studio tool can help achieve social goals.
- Mobile 5%
Describe the features of the Social Studio Mobile application.
- Reporting 7%
- Utilize reporting within Publish, including Singular post view from the Calendar, Post performance grid (Engagement, Organic vs Paid), and Export data.
- Utilize top level reports via the Performance tab, including Export data.
- Analyze 15%
- Given a scenario, explain how to create Dashboards specific to social channel.
- Given a scenario, explain how to build a Topic Profile.
- Engage 20%
- Given a scenario, explain how to create and rename a Tab.
- Given a scenario, explain how to create and manage a Column.
- Describe how to manage posts within the Inspect Post Panel.
- Given a scenario, explain how to create and apply Engage Macros to posts.
- Describe how to apply Engage Macros.
I would highly recommend googling each point one by one and studying about the topic, as these all are the things you will be asked to answer during the exam.
Below I have summarised all the questions and topics I had during my exam
- Filtering options for Topic Profiles (Languages, Media Types, Regions, Keyword groups)
- Calendar Filter Types (Social Accounts, Content States(scheduled, published, pending approval, rejected, draft, dark posts, deleted), Labels, Authors, Media Types (link, photo, video))
- Calendar View options (Daily, Weekly, Monthly view)
- How manager can notify other employees in Social Studio about upcoming events?
- How can we ensure that assigned team of 50 employees do not reply to the same post real time? (Engage uses Real Time Collaboration so you can see who else is viewing and engaging with the same posts avoiding duplication of post engagement)
- Shared content is used to allow for content (posts, images, videos, etc) to be available to other workspaces in your organization.
- Which two options are available when creating a post on YouTube? - category, targeting, privacy...?
- Time Zone setting in a Tenant
- Which Engagement Attributes can be applied to a post in Engage Post Inspector?
- How to apply Engage Macro to multiple posts at the same time? (Engagement Macros enable you to create a pre-defined set of actions (classifications, sentiment, labels etc.) to multiple posts at the same time.)
- Publishing Macros: Enable you to process posts from the Publish calendar using a consistent workflow.
- Engagement Macros: Enable you to select with one macro button and apply a variety of actions to multiple posts at the same time.
- Macros enable more efficient workflow by using one Macro button to apply a variety of custom actions to multiple posts at the same time. Macros save time and provide a more uniform approach to how a team engages with posts.
- Source Groups in Social Studio (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000193916&type=1). Source Groups, also known as source filters in Radian6 Analysis Dashboard, enable tracking and managing of social listening sources that are important to your company. Source Groups are used in Social Studio to define a set of sources that you would like your topic profile to look at. The sources can be social assets, such as a Twitter handle or a Facebook page, or can be websites, such as blogs or forums.
Source Groups can be created by Admin-Only, Super Users and Full Users and are created at the tenant level from the administration settings. Upon creation of your Source Group, they can then be applied to your Topic Profiles in each Workspace (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000231151&type=1).
Watch this video - https://youtu.be/me3ngPwrNVw
- Gating (A gated post will allow only your chosen audience to see your content, both on their timeline and on your page).
- Post Labels can be used to filter posts when in Post Inspector in Analyze or Engage.
- Publish labels (only visible in Publish) can only be used in Workspace Performance reports and Cross-workspace Performance reports. Publish Labels offers flexibility in filtering and showing only specific tweets and posts.
- How to share Topic Profile, if needed for multiple workspaces? Topic Profiles used in an organization can be managed from the Admin Settings and are presented in a list format.
- How to give access to Social Studio for Marketing Cloud users?
- Condition options for Social Studio when creating approval rules
The approval path is triggered based on conditions such as:
Facebook Country Gating
Facebook Language Gating
- Which two items are available in the setting when creating a new user at the Tenant level? - Select User Role and option ti add to a Workspace.
- Filtering options in the Workspace --> Tab
- How many days display for Social Channel performance in Publish?
- What are steps to create Facebook post in Social Studio?
Click New Post
Click in Post To
Select the connected Facebook pages from the list that appears below Post To.
Enter the Content of the post.
Click Publish Now or Schedule to publish the post.
- Which actions are possible when using Social Studio Mobile app?
With Social Studio Mobile, you can use:
- How to publish discount codes to all regional store Twitter handlers (in one go)?
- Where Topic Profile can be created?
1. From the Admin settings, select Manage under Topic Profiles.
2. From Analyze, when creating a Social Listening Summary. Select + Create New.
- In which two areas in Social Studio can a user create a new Topic Profile to track a campaign?
- Which Attributes can be added to a Publish Macro?
- How to rename the tab?
- 3 ways to filer calendar in Publish? Sentiment, Language, Priority, User, Label...? - Author, Label, Media Type.
- When sharing a post, which two details can a user share? Due Date, Sentiment, Gating, Targeting...?
- Which items are available in setting when creating a new user at the Tenant Level?
- What are benefits of using Publish tool in Social Studio?
- Where can a user share a post in Publish calender?
- What is the best option to create an Approval rule(s) for one Submitter that will be posting to LinkedIn and Facebook, but his posts needs to go for an Approval to two different Approvers? Create to different approval rules? Or create one combined (OR + OR, AND + OR)?
I highly highly recommend watching these 3 videos below. Each one is around an hour, but they take you through all the available features of Social Studio. If you have not had a hands-on experience with the cloud, I would say they are MUST watch.
Getting Started with Social Studio: Listen & Analyze
Getting Started with Social Studio: Publish
Getting Started with Social Studio: Engage
Marketing Cloud Basic Youtube channel
Getting Started, Set up, Publish, Engage and Analyze
I recommend to completing these two short quizlets to check your terminology knowledge about Social Studio.
Official Marketing Cloud Social Studio Specialist Documentation
1. A post has been duplicated by using the Duplicate Post feature. How should the duplicated post be used?
Choose one answer
A. It can be used by other Workspaces in the Tenant in which it was duplicated.
B. It can be used only by the same social channel in which the original post was created.
C. It can be used by any of the social channels available in the Workspace.
D. It is stored in the Shared Content folder and available only to the Workspace in which it was duplicated.
2. A community manager needs to control the volume the Topic Profile ingests each month. In which two ways can the community manager accomplish this?
Choose two answers
A. Select all Media Types.
B. Filter out unwanted posts via Source Groups.
C. Select only the regions and languages necessary.
D. Set the Visibility to Private.
3. Where can the ownership of a Workspace be transferred?
Choose one answer
A. Shared Content
C. Workspace Settings
D. My Settings
4. Which two activities are possible when creating a Workspace?
Choose two answers
A. Connecting a Social Account.
B. Creating an Engagement Macro.
C. Configuring a Workspace Role.
D. Adding an Analyze dashboard.
5. In which two ways can a new super user connect a new social account?
Choose two answers
A. Create New in Analyze
B. In Admin Settings
C. Connect in All Workspaces view
D. In Workspace Settings