How To Setup Domain Tracker in Pardot?
1. Please go to Pardot → Admin → Domain Management and press on ” + Add Domain Tracker” to add your website domain. Please make sure to add it in the following format, www2.KristinaAlexandra.com
2. Once that is done, please go to your DNS Control panel and create a new CNAME. In your Host Name please enter “www2”, and in Points To enter “go.pardot.com”.
3. Once CNAME is added, please add validation key. To do that please setup TXT record in your DNS Settings (Leave “Host Name” as blank, or if it is not allowed in your domain provider, please add “@” ) the Value is validation Key that you can copy from Domain Management page in Pardot (long string of red text).
4. Values can take up to 24 h to take effect.
Next day, login into your Pardot instance go to Domain Management and manually click on 'Validate'. If all is done correctly, it will update the Status to Validated.
5. When the status = Validated, please set it up as PRIMARY.
You will also receive a confirmation from Pardot, that all has been setup.
Setting up and Validating Tracker Domain is required for all public facing forms, landing pages and files.